How do you chose a colour scheme?
Do you go for bold and bright?
or do you prefer a more subtle palette?
Very often the starting point for a colour scheme comes from observing the world around us. Whether it’s walking through the vibrant but chaotic bazaars of Jaipur, whipping up a storm in the kitchen or strolling along the Cornish beaches in winter - they all tickle our creative senses and we love capturing that moment in fabric and thread.
If you would like to create your own bespoke stash of fabrics too then head over to the Bringing colour to life page and read all about our brand new year-long course. We are very excited about it as it'll bring all the techniques we love using to colour and add texture to fabric into one course. Plus we will be in our new 'new' studio by the time it starts in September. We'll be telling you more about the new studio shortly, but as it has been built with us in mind we will have masses of light and space plus plenty of height adjustable work benches - so come and join us, be inspired!
Welcome to our blog! Here you'll find out what's been going on, plus plenty of ideas and inspiration and the odd cake recipe!
Check back often to see what we're up to - it's great to have you along
Hazel & Terry
- About us
- Courses & workshops
Guest tutors 2019
- Christine Chester Paper Lamination
- Simon Sonsino - exploring abstract letterforms
- Debbie Lyddon - Waxed and stitched collage
- Alice Fox - Rust marks
- Christine Chester Poetry of decay
- Sue Stone - Every picture tells a story
- Wendy Dolan - Stitched landscapes
- Alice Fox - Botanical books
- Nesta Davies - Pocket sample book
- Caroline Bell - eco printing on paper
- Richard McVetis - Shaped by time
- Guest tutors 2019 >
- Contact us
InStitches: exciting courses for people who love textiles, quilting, design, stitching and sketchbooks
Courses and workshops