Over the Easter break most of the Stitching by Design students have assembled their sampler quilt tops, so here is a sneaky peak as they layer them up ready for quilting...
Many hands make light work of pinning Vicky's quilt.
Don't you just love the row of spoons on Joan's quilt? They would be a lovely quilting motif too.
Sue used her collection of hand dyed fabric she did with InStitches last year. Don't they look fantastic? They work particularity well with the Mariner's Compass block, the effect is really 3D.
At the Quilters Guild AGM last weekend Jane won third place in the Region 3 Island challenge - she looks very pleased doesn't she? And so she should, it was a fantastic quilt based on her recent trip to New Zealand earlier this year.
So after two days of prep the DPS students get to use their wonderful printed fabrics. Linda couldn't be with us today, but she's got exciting fabrics to work with at home.
Anne is working on a theme of time, and printed fabrics with cogs and similar shapes. She has made a collage background ready for some text or appliqué.
Yeside has a landscape theme and has created a great selection of textured fabrics. Her first appliquéd wall hanging is inspired by a local landscape.
Can't wait to see these two pieces finished. We will post pictures when they are.
Welcome to our blog! Here you'll find out what's been going on, plus plenty of ideas and inspiration and the odd cake recipe!
Check back often to see what we're up to - it's great to have you along
Hazel & Terry
- About us
Courses & workshops
- Courses and workshops at a glance
- short courses and workshops >
- Studio Days
- Year-long courses >
Guest tutors 2021
- Judith Needham - weave your own chicken
- Christine Chester Poetry of decay
- Caroline Bell - eco printing on fabric Masterclass 2021
- Amanda Clayton - Fragile Forms
- Judith Needham - Willow apple basket
- Caroline Bartlett - An Investigative Journey
- Amanda Hislop - Abstracted Land 2021
- Stewart Kelly - Following a line
- Alice Fox - Natural Structures
- Matthew Harris - Text-ile
- Wendy Dolan - Architecture in stitch 2021
- Liam Biswell - Experimental Printmaking
- Debbie Lyddon - stitched collage 2021
- Cas Holmes - Layers, lines and image 2021
- Guest tutors 2022 >
- Guest tutors 2021 >
- Online workshops
InStitches: exciting courses for people who love textiles, quilting, design, stitching and sketchbooks
Courses and workshops
Copyright © InStitches 2010-2021
All rights reserved.