Another rosette congratulations....this time it was second place for Sally with her entry into 'Sea Blue' at the Guild AGM. Just love the movement Sally has achieved with her waves.
Today the Stitching by Design students are getting to grips with traditional hand quilting. Caroline and Sue have already finished their hand-quilting-with-a-difference samples from the other week and brought them in to share
Caroline's spring meadow is full of flowers. The background is a beautiful piece of her transferred printed fabric done in a previous lesson!
Sue used some hand dyed fabric to try out her selection of alternative hand quilting stitches.
CJS students are busy doing their own thing this morning...
Janet is using thickened Procion dyes,
one Jane is trying out her new Gelli plate,
Christine is printing fabric and
the other Jane is doing some ironing!
Janet also brought in her finished Shetland Crofts wall hanging to show. I photographed it in three sections so you can zoom in to see the detail. Just love the little woolly sheep grazing by the sea!
The rain is not dampening our creativity this afternoon, take a look at the ITS students work today...
Nina is colouring the background to her screen prints
and so is Jane.
Margaret used a charity shop find potato masher to make this wonderful flour resist print.
The Long Man of Wilmington, as printed by Norma!
It's a dull, wet day in Yateley but here at InStitches we are making merry with the thickened Procion dyes again. Today's session started with our usual show & tell, so we all admired ( and coverted!) each other's fabrics from last times session. Take a look.....lush or what??
If you fancy having a go and can't wait until the next Inspiration to Stitch course starts in September then have a look at what is on offer at the InStitches Summer School: Can't Resist It. We have three whole days of design, resist techniques, fabric painting....... and hopefully sunshine!
Welcome to our blog! Here you'll find out what's been going on, plus plenty of ideas and inspiration and the odd cake recipe!
Check back often to see what we're up to - it's great to have you along
Hazel & Terry
Courses & workshops
- Courses and workshops at a glance
- Studio Days
- Year-long courses >
Guest tutors 2022
- Claire Benn Acrylics with a textile sensibility
- Judith Needham - weave your own chicken
- Polly Pollock - Pebbles & nests
- Debbie Lyddon - stitched collage 2022
- Cas Holmes - Layers, lines and image
- Kate Findlay - Wild Garden
- Christine Chester - Poetry of decay 2022
- Caroline Bell - introduction to eco printing
- Polly Pollock - From the sea
- Claire Benn - Out of this earth
- Amanda Hislop - Escape into landscape
- Alice Fox - Natural Structures
- Polly Pollock - Twined baskets & pods
- Wendy Dolan - Inspired by India
- Kate Findlay - Magical lantern
- Matthew Harris - From parts to a whole
- Guest tutors 2022 >
- Online workshops
InStitches: exciting courses for people who love textiles, quilting, design, stitching and sketchbooks
Courses and workshops
Copyright © InStitches 2010-2022
All rights reserved.