Her enthusiasm is so infectious yiou just know you're in for a busy, creative day!
...and there was cake!
12 oz butter
10 oz soft brown sugar
8 oz golden syrup
1lb rolled oats
1 level tbsp ground ginger
A couple of handfuls of chopped soft apricots
A handful of chopped pecans (optional)
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large pan.
- Stir in chopped apricots and pecans , if using.
- Stir in rolled oats and ginger.
- Pour into a greased and lined tin, 9inch sq and flatten
- Bake 30 - 35 minuites at 180°C/ gas mark 5