Just where does time go to? If you know, please drop me an email letting me know! We are so busy here at InStitches that keeping up with our blog seems to drop to the bottom of the list. But I just wanted to show you the work from another creative workshop with calligrapher, Lin Kerr. Two days this time, exploring the work of David Jones.
With examples of David Jones' texts as inspiration we first drafted our own texts before transfering them to prepared paper. Lin has painted these beforehand using gesso and acrylic paints to give the impression of an old distressed wall.
So many letter choices for some!
Then it was time to paint in the letters. Using a limited colour palette suggested by Lin we never the less were able to create an array of schemes!
and there was cake...
Of course there was cake, how could you think there wouldn't be!
Today it was a chocolate and sweet potato loaf cake from a Waitrose recipe card. you can find the recipe and 'how to' video here: https://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/c/chocolate-sweet-potatoloafcake.html
Welcome to our blog! Here you'll find out what's been going on, plus plenty of ideas and inspiration and the odd cake recipe!
Check back often to see what we're up to - it's great to have you along
Hazel & Terry
- About us
- Courses & workshops
- Make & Create!: Beautiful home
Guest tutors 2018
- Debbie Lyddon - Sculptural forms
- Linda Miller - Pictorial Machine Embroidery Workshop
- Deborah O'Hare - Painted landscapes
- Wendy Dolan - Architecture in stitch
- Judith Needham Catalonian tension tray
- Sarah Waters - nuno felted scarf
- Alice Fox - Collecting Colours
- Caroline Bell - eco printing on fabric workshop
- Debbie Lyddon - Exploring place
- Contact us
InStitches: exciting courses for people who love textiles, quilting, design, stitching and sketchbooks