Our gift to you over these next days, weeks and even months to come is a spark of creative joy. Take this moment to stop, slow down and make time to appreciate the smaller pleasures in life.
There are several ways you can get involved with #institchescreative2020 :
- Sign up for our newsletter (existing subscribers will need to update their preferences to opt in)
- Visit our blog regularly – you can sign up for RSS feeds and have it delivered direct to your inbox
- Follow us on Instagram and Facebook so you will hear about new posts as they happen.
- Post your creative endeavours on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag #institchescreative2020, then follow the hashtag to see what others have been up to…
So what supplies will you need to start off with?
- Paper - cartridge paper, brown paper, black/coloured paper, copy paper, found paper - old Festival of Quilts bags, bread bags, anything really!
- Cutting knife, ruler and board/a pair of scissors/ any means of ripping paper will do
- Colouring media - paints, coloured pencils, watercolour, food colourings (!) - whatever you have
- Something to draw with
- A needle and some thread/ piece of ribbon/ elastic band - all will be revealed on this one!
- Fabric - anything you can sew on, be creative here! I'm planning on using an old small linen table cloth
- Thread - whatever you have to hand. Cotton machine or universal sewing thread will work just as well as fancy hand dyed threads or commercial embroidery floss.
- Needles - need to be ones you can see to thread! Embroidery, quilting or something from the supermarket!
- Small sharp scissors
- Embroidery or quilting hoop - optional
- Wadding & backing fabric - optional
- Any stitch books you may have. Don't worry if you haven't got any, I'll also be telling you about websites etc that you may find inspirational.
On Facebook reply to the relevant week's post with your comments and images. And don't forget to actually follow InStitches on Facebook to see what everyone else is up to.
Stay safe, keep well, and don't forget to wash those hands!
Hazel & Terry