Earlier this month DPS students were busy working into their sketchbooks on a variety of themes and today was all about creating fabrics based on this design work. We used compressed foam to made our own stamps...
...of shape and pattern which were then printed onto plain white cotton fabrics using fabric paints.
Here are some of the fabrics drying, they will then need to be heat fixed with a hot, dry iron ready for next week when we shall be cutting and sewing with them!
They look fabulous don't they? We can't wait to see what they will be sewn into next week.
Welcome to our blog! Here you'll find out what's been going on, plus plenty of ideas and inspiration and the odd cake recipe!
Check back often to see what we're up to - it's great to have you along
Hazel & Terry
- About us
- Courses & workshops
- Guest tutors 2020 >
Guest tutors 2021
- Liam Biswell - Experimental Printmaking
- Debbie Lyddon - stitched collage 2021
- Wendy Dolan - Architecture in stitch 2021
- Cas Holmes - Layers, lines and image 2021
- Stewart Kelly - Following a line
- Christine Chester Poetry of decay
- Caroline Bell - eco printing on fabric Masterclass 2021
- Amanda Clayton - Fragile Forms
- Caroline Bartlett - An Investigative Journey
- Amanda Hislop - Abstracted Land 2021
- Alice Fox - Natural Structures
- Coronavirus FAQ #3
InStitches: exciting courses for people who love textiles, quilting, design, stitching and sketchbooks
Courses and workshops
Copyright © InStitches 2010-2020
All rights reserved.