Earlier this month DPS students were busy working into their sketchbooks on a variety of themes and today was all about creating fabrics based on this design work. We used compressed foam to made our own stamps...
...of shape and pattern which were then printed onto plain white cotton fabrics using fabric paints.
Here are some of the fabrics drying, they will then need to be heat fixed with a hot, dry iron ready for next week when we shall be cutting and sewing with them!
They look fabulous don't they? We can't wait to see what they will be sewn into next week.
Welcome to our blog! Here you'll find out what's been going on, plus plenty of ideas and inspiration and the odd cake recipe!
Check back often to see what we're up to - it's great to have you along
Hazel & Terry
- About us
Courses & workshops
- Courses and workshops at a glance
- short courses and workshops >
- Studio Days
- Year-long courses >
Guest tutors 2022
- Claire Benn Acrylics with a textile sensibility
- Judith Needham - weave your own chicken
- Polly Pollock - Pebbles & nests
- Debbie Lyddon - stitched collage 2022
- Cas Holmes - Layers, lines and image 2021
- Kate Findlay - Wild Garden
- Christine Chester - Poetry of decay 2022
- Caroline Bell - introduction to eco printing
- Polly Pollock - From the sea
- Claire Benn - Out of this earth
- Alice Fox - Natural Structures
- Guest tutors 2022 >
- Online workshops
InStitches: exciting courses for people who love textiles, quilting, design, stitching and sketchbooks
Courses and workshops
Copyright © InStitches 2010-2022
All rights reserved.