Earlier this month DPS students were busy working into their sketchbooks on a variety of themes and today was all about creating fabrics based on this design work. We used compressed foam to made our own stamps...
...of shape and pattern which were then printed onto plain white cotton fabrics using fabric paints.
Here are some of the fabrics drying, they will then need to be heat fixed with a hot, dry iron ready for next week when we shall be cutting and sewing with them!
They look fabulous don't they? We can't wait to see what they will be sewn into next week.
Welcome to our blog! Here you'll find out what's been going on, plus plenty of ideas and inspiration and the odd cake recipe!
Check back often to see what we're up to - it's great to have you along
Hazel & Terry
- About us
- Courses & workshops
Guest tutors 2019
- Christine Chester Paper Lamination
- Simon Sonsino - exploring abstract letterforms
- Debbie Lyddon - Waxed and stitched collage
- Alice Fox - Rust marks
- Christine Chester Poetry of decay
- Sue Stone - Every picture tells a story
- Wendy Dolan - Stitched landscapes
- Alice Fox - Botanical books
- Nesta Davies - Pocket sample book
- Caroline Bell - eco printing on paper
- Guest tutors 2019 >
- Contact us
InStitches: exciting courses for people who love textiles, quilting, design, stitching and sketchbooks
Courses and workshops