12 oz butter
10 oz soft brown sugar
8 oz golden syrup
1lb rolled oats
1 level tbsp ground ginger
A couple of handfuls of chopped soft apricots
A handful of chopped pecans (optional)
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a large pan.
- Stir in chopped apricots and pecans , if using.
- Stir in rolled oats and ginger.
- Pour into a greased and lined tin, 9 inch sq and flatten with the back of a spoon.
- Bake 30 - 35 minuites at 180°C/ gas mark 5
1 tbsp golden syrup
3 oz plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
3 oz caster sugar
3 oz rolled oats
- Melt butter and golden syrup in a large pan.
- Then stir in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop dessert spoonfuls onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Squash gently with the back of the spoon.
- Bake at 180 C for 8 - 10 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool a couple of minutes on the tray before transferring to cooling rack.
- a handful of desiccated coconut
- a few chopped cherries
- Some chocolate chips
Hazel & Terry