At the beginning of the month we were delighted to welcome back Anne Moore as a guest tutor, this time we had 'A day by the seaside'. After a cup of coffee and homemade biscuits everyone soon got busy making their very own beach huts, each one as individual as their maker!
Over a lunch of homemade soup and cheese board there was chance to catch up with friends and to make new ones...
and here are Joan and Sarah's finished huts. Bring on the sunshine!
and there was cake...
Two delicious recipes this time, and because they use coconut flour they are both gluten free.
Coconut blueberry chia muffins
- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Sift the coconut flour, baking soda & salt in a bowl.
- In a blender or bowl mix the milk, honey, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add the chia seeds and blend on low. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cases or well greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 180°C / gas mark 4 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool on rack and serve.
The chocolate dipped coconut macaroon recipe can be found here. I don't fiddle around putting the chocolate in the middle of the macaroons, but squash spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheet, bake and then dip in melted chocolate once they are baked and cooled. Yum!