Earlier this month DPS students were busy working into their sketchbooks on a variety of themes and today was all about creating fabrics based on this design work. We used compressed foam to made our own stamps...
...of shape and pattern which were then printed onto plain white cotton fabrics using fabric paints.
Here are some of the fabrics drying, they will then need to be heat fixed with a hot, dry iron ready for next week when we shall be cutting and sewing with them!
They look fabulous don't they? We can't wait to see what they will be sewn into next week.
InStitches are Hazel Ryder and Terry Donaldson. Our mission is to provide exciting courses for lovers of patchwork, quilting, dyeing, sketchbooks and stitching. Check out our current courses on our website.
- About us
- Courses & workshops
- Make & Create!: Beautiful home
- Guest tutors 2017 >
Guest tutors 2018
- Debbie Lyddon - Sculptural forms
- Linda Miller - Pictorial Machine Embroidery Workshop
- Deborah O'Hare - Painted landscapes
- Wendy Dolan - Architecture in stitch
- Judith Needham Catalonian tension tray
- Sarah Waters - nuno felted scarf
- Alice Fox - Collecting Colours
- Caroline Bell - eco printing on fabric workshop
- Contact us
InStitches: exciting courses for people who love fabric, quilting, design, stitching and sketchbooks